You can make a difference!
Advance your business from one that’s merely concerned for young children to one that’s a champion for
It’s not just about the evidence that quality preschool matters. Yes, early childhood education is vital to the future of our community. Yes, it will create a stronger Peninsula workforce.
But the business leaders who are stepping forward and getting involved are the ones that have discovered the joy of turning around a child’s life. Of changing the world in ways that matter to them, or perhaps even reflecting their company’s mission.
Think of what it says about that business leader to their staff, clients, colleagues… themselves.
Ways to make a difference:
• Volunteer to help implement excellent business practices and data systems for early education programs
• Donate to support the work of early childhood organizations
• Invite a speaker from the Smart Beginnings Virginia Peninsula Speakers’ Bureau to address your staff, civic group or professional organization
• Join the Partnership for America’s Economic Success
• Get involved with Voices for Virginia’s Children
• Implement family-friendly policies at your firm and improve existing ones as necessary
• Serve on an early childhood board, task force or business council
• Contact Smart Beginnings Virginia Peninsula to become involved
• Provide scholarship funds for early childhood care and education teachers
• Call or write your elected officials as an advocate for quality early care
• Write an op/ed piece for a newspaper or newsletter promoting the importance of early childhood education
• Donate funds to help a child care center improve their program quality through participation in the Virginia Star Quality Initiative